Remedy Management System
The BMC Remedy IT Service Management system (Remedy) is an enterprise-class Information Technology business management system. Here at FIU, we use Remedy to track all incidents within the Division of Information Technology, and with several of our campus IT partners. The system also allows all of the teams in DoIT to communicate and appropriately disposition requests for service from our customers. Remedy allows end-users to request and track the progress of IT services via our On-Line Service Request System at http://utshelp.fiu.edu. For more information on how Remedy can help you, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org from your FIUMail or PantherMail account.
The Division of Information Technology Business Continuity Services team was created to implement a disaster recovery methodology and plan for all of the critical and vital services that the Division supports. As part of this effort, the BCS team along with the appropriate IT administrators, developed operational procedures and processes to support the Division's Disaster Recovery plan. This ongoing support encompasses ensuring that the plan is updated as to what systems are critical and vital to the Division, what are the conditions in which business impacting events are defined to be as well as including identifying triggers for response to those events and finally ensuring that the plan itself is validated through periodic testing.
Ensure contractually that all DR services are operational between FIU and Northwest Regional Data Center (University's Disaster Recovery Site located in Tallahassee, Florida).
- Develop and coordinate all DR testing activities and plans for the critical and vital services identified in the Division's DR plan.
- Coordinate all logistical efforts for personnel and the transport, installation and testing of DR equipment at NWRDC.
- Assisting other University departments as it relates to Disaster Recovery planning and implementation.
- Creating and maintaining Service Level Agreements with other University departments as it relates to the physical housing of their DR equipment at NWRDC.
- Document business impacting events.