Security & IT Policies
Online Security Awareness Training
Safeguarding the security of our university’s data is of utmost importance. In order to maintain a secure computing environment it is essential that all members of our university community be responsible for the data they manage.
The Division of Information Technology has made available an online Security Awareness Training module to help our employees understand policies and procedures, identify sensitive data and prevent the loss of sensitive data as well as protect existing resources in their roles as data stewards.
Please visit the IT Security Strategy Project page for instructions on how to complete our Security Awareness Training: http://it.fiu.edu/about/projects/online_security.shtml
IT security services include
- Technical Assistance and Advice
- Incident Response Help
- Pro-Active Training and Workshops
- Security Office Gudelines and Procedures
- Virus Alert Announcements
To learn more about IT security at FIU, visit the FIU IT Security site at http://security.fiu.edu
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy states that "no users of the University's IT resources shall download, upload, or distribute in any fashion, copyrighted material in any form except as permitted under copyright law".
- FIUnet Acceptable Use Policy states that "by logging into this system, you agree to abide by all applicable federal, state and local laws, State of Florida Board of Governors rules, and University rules, regulations and policies".
- Data Stewardship Procedures state that "University employees, students and authorized users of the University's IT…shall access and use highly sensitive date only as may be strictly necessary in the performance of their job or role at the institution in accordance will all applicable state and federal laws".
To view these and other policies in full, click here http://security.fiu.edu/Pages/policies.aspx