The Data Center provides several options for server hosting. All server hosting requests go through a review and approval process to provide the customer with the most efficient options for hosting. Virtual Server Hosting is available as a preferred hosting option for Windows or Linux.
Requirements and specifications
We work with clients in developing hardware and/or software requirements and specifications for new servers and systems. We also coordinate information exchange with hardware vendors.
- Disaster Recovery: Disaster recovery services are offered at a geographically isolated site.
- Load Balancing: Distributes workload across two or more servers by optimizing resources, output and response times.
- Backups: Regular backups with offsite storage for one year are provided on servers managed by the Division. Backups
- Provisioning: We coordinate the racking, power cabling, network cabling and console cabling of hardware.
- System Administration: Systems administration for servers provides OS layer administration, system configuration, patch installation and upgrade maintenance.
- Monitoring: Server performance, resources and service availability data is monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Troubleshooting: We can diagnose and correct hardware and operating system problems.
- Application support: We provide limited support to application and database administrators when troubleshooting their applications/services.
To request services please contact the Division of IT Network Operations Center via email at email@example.com, via phone by calling (305) 348-2221, or by visiting our office at PC-436.