In an effort to provide reliable and secure access to FIU’s technology resources, the Division of IT has standard maintenance periods to perform scheduled maintenance and system upgrades.
Maintenance Time Windows in EST (Eastern Standard Time):
4 a.m. – 6 a.m.
Midnight – 6 a.m.
Saturday 10 p.m. – Sunday noon
Further, individuals are prohibited from using their University computer accounts in association with any unauthorized commercial or private purpose or enterprise. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Internet Access
- VPN Access
- Network File Shares (Department network drives such as M, N, O, etc.)
- Web Pages on the FIU Domain (e.g. http://www.fiu.edu, http://www.fiu.edu/~abc, etc.)
- User Home Directories (FIUnix Accounts)
Administrative & Enterprise Systems:
- PantherSoft Campus Solutions (including MyFIU), PantherSoft Financials, PantherSoft HR system
- FIU E-mail Systems (Panthermail and FIUmail)
- Canvas Learning Management System
- Image Now
- System Center
- Skype for Business
- FIU Uploads
- Enterprise Active Directory Domains
- MS SQL Clusters
For information on maintenance windows for Canvas Learning Management System, visit LMSHelp.
During standard maintenance periods, some services may be intermittently unavailable. In the event of unplanned or emergency maintenance activities, information will be posted on the IT System Status Page.