FIU’s Information Security Office (ISO) is the frontline in protecting all information on FIU’s workstations. Services provided by the ISO include the following:
- Monitoring the FIU network for suspicious behavior and address any suspected threats before they disrupt FIU operations,
- Notifying the FIU community of any cyber threats,
- Creating security measures that will secure individuals’ online accounts, including a new account recovery process, FIU Login (our new centralized log-in page), and enabling two-factor authentication,
- Providing education and training on IT Security Policies and best practices through our HIPAA Training and our Online Security Awareness Course,
- Sanitizing all media that stored data, such as hard drives, and
- Vulnerability Scanning & Security Consulting upon request to scan systems for known vulnerabilities.
As guardians of FIU’s sensitive data, the ISO’s duty does not end with these services. We are here to guide you in creating a more secure online environment for all Panthers. For more information, visit security.fiu.edu.